Joannie Pharand graduated from Concordia University with a graduate degree in Translation. She was raised in a bilingual environment and thanks to 14 months spent living in London, UK, she has excellent knowledge of English and all the skills required to translate into French. Joannie currently lives in Houston, U.S.A.
- Joannie Pharand
- 210 Grenier
Reynolds & Reynolds | Houston, Texas
- Translating and reviewing marketing, human resource, and IT documents for automobile dealerships in Quebec and Canada.
French Closed Captions Specialist
Deluxe Media | Montréal
- Creating and reviewing French subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Localizing subtitles for audiences in Quebec and/or France
- Correcting transcriptions and grammar in French subtitles
Weird Canada | Montréal
- Translator Coordinator
- Translating music and theatre reviews
Royale Lepage | Montréal
- Translating and reviewing property listings (according to MLS standards)
- Translating emails intended for potential clients
Laporte Consultants | Montréal
- Managing the non-for-profit chapter of the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Organizing engineering conferences
- Translating texts for the company’s monthly newsletter
Chocolaterie Charbonnel & Walker | London
- Handling sales and managing the cash register
- Organizing chocolate tasting sessions (London, Hamburg, Montréal)
Énergie Cardio | Montréal
- Providing client consulting and selling memberships
- Providing training information to clients
- Memberships, quarterly follow-ups
Arts and Culture (contemporary dance)
- Artist memoirs
- Artist portfolios
- Arts résumés
- Event and performance programs
- Grant applications
- Arts newsletters
- Internal or external communications
- All other documents related to cultural events or media relations
œWith more than 10 years of experience in contemporary dance as a choreographer, interpreter, and producer, Joannie provides translation and revision services related to the performing arts domains.
In 2003, she began her DCS in Dance at Collège Montmorency. Following completion of her DCS, she enrolled in the BFA in Contemporary Dance at Concordia University and graduated in 2008.
In January 2008, Joannie participated in Radio-Canada’s television show—Le Match des étoiles—as a special guest star. Click here to view Joannie’s performance. The same year, Joannie founded Inertia Productions and produced her first performance—Diverge—for the Montréal Fringe Festival. She won the Spirit of the Fringe award (guaranteeing entry to the following year’s festival), and choreographed and performed in Dancing in my Unbirthday Suit presented in both Montréal and Toronto in 2009. In 2010, she left Québec for England where she spent 14 months taking contemporary dance classes at the Pineapple Dance studio.
Joannie recently performed for choreographer Johanne Gour in the show for nine dancers Corps, qu’as-tu à me dire, within the 2013 Montréal Fringe Festival.
Joannie also co-hosted the Dirty Feet podcast from 2012 to 2013.
Sports and Recreation
- Brochures for physical fitness centres
- Documents for personal trainers and teachers for fitness and conditioning classes
- Sports file
- Nutritional document
- Employee manuals
- Marketing documents
- Various ads in retail sales
Administration and Human Resources
- Letters of recommendation and motivation
- Information newsletter
It is difficult to provide a rate without first viewing a project (domain, document size, number of pages, number of words, urgency, required deadline, etc.); therefore, please contact Joannie directly for a translation/revision cost estimate.
Joannie Pharand (Quebec mailing address)
RT @DictioUsito: Grâce à la fête du Travail, nous aurons droit à ...? t.co/oFtrdEZdYM
RT @TexasHumor: Every time a dinner bell rings, a Texan gets his/her buffalo wings.
RT @TexasHumor: Call me old fashioned, or call me Texan. They're the same thing.
RT @TexasHumor: Texans don't do winter. #welikeithot
RT @TexasHumor: #ThingsISayALot "Y'all"